Franklin County Memorial Hospital Social Distancing and Self-Quarantine Guidance
COVID-19 – Home care Instructions
These instructions are for patients with COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19 who do not require hospitalization based on the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) Guidelines.
IF YOU BECOME SICKER OR DEVELOP SHORTNESS OF BREATH CALL 911 OR YOUR DOCTOR
· Stay at home except for medical care
· Wear a face mask when you are around other people and going to a medical appointment or the hospital
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissues then immediately wash your hands, do not cough into your elbow
· WASH YOUR HANDS often with soap and water for 20 seconds or clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60 to 95% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them together until they feel dry.
· Do not share household items with family members/friends
· Separate yourself from your family and animals
· Clean hard surfaces daily with antibacterial/anti-germicidal solutions such as Clorox or Lysol. See list of products at this link: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fighting Products
· Monitor your symptoms and report to emergency room if fever exceeds 103 or you have difficulty breathing
· Home ISOLATION may be as long as 14 days and will be lifted by your healthcare provider or the local health department
More information is available and updated regularly at the CDC website regarding Interim Guidance for Preventing the Spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Homes and Residential Communities.